The Video Reports tab provides a holistic view of your video campaigns, designed for internal use in managing and optimizing video campaigns. It provides reporting on all campaign metrics, including paid efforts, at the ad and post level. You can access it by clicking on the “Video” tab in the reports section of your Campaign Dashboard.
Note: When viewing your list of Boards in the menu, any Board that contains video data will have a video icon next to the name.
You can filter the data displayed in the report by:
- Time Frame: Adjusting this filter will limit the data shown to the time frame specified. The default range is the last 7 days.
- Keep in mind if you are looking at a time frame including today or yesterday, some YouTube data will be missing due to that platform’s 48-hour data delay.
- Published Date: Adjusting this will show data for videos with a published date within the range specified.
- Platform: selecting a platform from this dropdown will show data only for the platform specified. Choose from: Site Player (if you have a proprietary or hosted player), Facebook Pages, Facebook Ads, YouTube, AdWords, and Instagram Ads.
- Filtering for a specific platform will adjust the metrics displayed in the table. Once you filter for a specific platform, you will see all available metrics for the platform in a scrollable table.
After adjusting the filters, select the “Generate Report” button to update the report.
The chart displays views over time by platform. Hover over any date to view a breakout of views by platform for that date. The graph adjusts for whichever filters you select. For example, if you select a particular video platform, the graph will only display data for that platform. If the date range of the report includes the last 4 days, a grey bar may appear in the chart to indicate data that is within our actualization window.
The table, and the video product overall, is built around the concept of “Video Groups.” Video Groups allow you to aggregate multiple ads/posts into a single unit, so that you can easily report on their collective performance. For example, let’s say you have one video that you posted to your Facebook Page, YouTube Channel, and promoted on Instagram. Using Video Groups, you can aggregate the performance from all three platforms to easily answer the question “How did this video perform overall?”
Each row in the table displays a Video Group, and clicking the stack icon to the left of the row will expand the individual videos nested under this grouping.
- The top row of the table (in white) shows Board level totals, summarizing performance.
- Video Groups are sorted by views. Within the Video Group, individual videos are also sorted by views.
- When the Video Platform filter is set to “All”, the table will display the Key Metric, views, spend, impressions, and quartiles for each video.
- Not all metrics are available for all platforms. Metrics that are not available will be indicated by a “--”. These are treated as a 0 when calculating Video Group or Board level totals.
- We collect metadata for every video we track:
- Video Group Name: The name of the video group.
- Video Title: pulled directly from each platform. Note: Facebook and Instagram Ads titles may look confusing (i.e. a bunch of random characters). It’s a result of the way Facebook structures data when an ad name isn’t specified in their platform -- reach out to your CSM if you need assistance with this.
- Paid Indicator: lights up if the video has any paid impressions or views.
- Published Date: pulled directly from each platform. This is the date on which the video was published to that platform.
- Length: pulled directly from each platform. The duration of the video is specified in the format of hours:minutes:seconds.
- Filtering for a specific platform will update the table to show all available metrics for that platform. You can scroll through the table to the right to view the additional metrics.